Academy Membership at a cost of only £440!
The aim of Academy Membership is to guide anyone new to golf through the early stage of learning the sport. This includes being taught by our resident PGA Professional, the essential elements and skills of the game, the basic rules plus the etiquette, thus enabling newcomers to be able to play confidently on the course.
Academy Membership includes:
- Lessons – There is a series of eight lessons built into the programme which you are required to take. The cost of these to Academy Members is at a 50% discount from normal rates. Extra lessons are encouraged, however these will be at the full price.
- You can use the Practice Ground and the Putting Green whenever you like.
- You can play the course at quiet times, as listed below, and your Professional will advise you when you have reached the required standard.
- Social membership of the Club. You can use the Clubhouse, bar, restaurant and attend social functions.
- On payment of your subscription you will obtain an Academy Pack including welcoming letter, club diary, bar swipe card, bag tag and golf rule book.
- Special easement into Full Membership
Transfer to Full Membership:
- A scheme member is automatically entitled to a two year Academy membership. Depending upon your progress, and at the Professional’s discretion, you may be invited to become a full member after one year. Full membership is also possible before the first year is completed, providing all aspects of the scheme have been covered.
Conditions of Membership
- Use of the course at quiet times will be allowed as follows:
- 2.30pm – 4.45pm Monday to Friday (with a two hour adjustment during winter months)
- 6.30pm onwards Monday to Friday
- 3pm onwards Saturday and Sunday
- The above is subject to normal tee reservations and events, and must be strictly adhered to
- Permission through the Professional
- Attendance of at least one of the twice yearly “Rules and Etiquette” seminars with the professional