A commitment to a more inclusive culture within golf
We, Petersfield Golf Club, call on everyone involved in golf to play their part in developing a culture that values women’s involvement in every aspect of the sport, from participating to pursuing a career.
Our aim is to increase the number of women and girls playing and working in golf.
To achieve this goal and to enable women to flourish throughout golf, we recognise the need for a fundamental shift in culture.
There is a clear ethical need for change and the potential economic benefits of growing the sport through more women and girls playing are substantial.
The R&A commits to playing a leading role in this process and to working with affiliates, partners and the wider golf industry towards achieving this goal.
In signing this Charter, we Petersfield Golf Club commit to making tangible efforts to develop a welcoming and inspiring environment for women. We will do more to attract women into golf, to remain, and to have rewarding careers.
HERE to Read more on the England Golf Website.
- Is a statement of intent from the golf industry and Petersfield Golf Club, to unite and to focus gender balance at all levels.
- Commits us all to supporting measures to increase the number of women, girls and families playing golf.
- Calls for positive action to encourage women to pursue careers in all areas of the sport.
- Recognises the need for change that creates an inclusive environment within golf and our golf club.
Signatories commit to activate this Charter by:
- Developing and implementing an internal strategy for enhancing gender balance at every level.
- Establishing senior management responsibility and accountability for gender balance and inclusion, which is discussed and reviewed at committee/board level with Petersfield Golf Club.
- Strongly advocating more women and girls playing and working in golf.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop and embed a more inclusive culture.
- Promoting the Charter and our goal of encouraging more women and girls to play golf and work in golf.
How we at Petersfield Golf Club will achieve this:
- Continue to make sure that any positions advertised will be gender neutral genders.
- As a SafeGolf accredited club we will ensure policies and procedures remain up to date.
- Deliver initiatives annually targeting women/girls.
- The Ladies section will continue to utilise the club’s “buddy system” to integrate new ladies.
- Implement strategies to support women and girls’ membership retention.
- Continue to establish links with Hampshire Ladies Golf Association to promote female access to golf and progression within the game.
- Promote a membership pathway for women/girls and families to progress from.
- Promote what the club can offer to the wider community via the website, social media accounts and local community groups.
- Appoint a designated Charter Champion who can assist with the promotion and reporting of charter updates.
Signed on Behalf of Petersfield Golf Club:
Katie Laud Lyn Criddle
General Manager Charter Champion